Stated operational needs
“Operations” is the place where good concepts, good planning and good control come together – or perhaps the opposite! In operations, client service becomes a reality and costs are no longer “projected costs” but real.
Needs are generally expressed in the framework of improvement projects or difficulties encountered, such as:
- Those administrative difficulties that occasionally occur between logistics services and clients.
- The search for operational excellence in operational entities (factory, warehouse, platform, transport-operating site, etc) either by absorbing dual entities of command or in working processes akin to Lean.
- Warehouse automization.
- The problems accompanying operational projects: opening of a new building, moving warehouse etc.
- The search for better operational security in face of malicious acts.
- Putting in place a “Continuation of Activities” plan.
The digitalization of operational processes (management of goods-vehicle flow in the centre of a site, site welcome office (on large industrial sites), dispute management, etc, etc).